Table of Contents
- Freelance writing.
- How to find writing work.
- Continues learning is the key.
- It all start with confidence.
- Few skills you may need to make it big.
Good employee is a vital asset to any thriving society, and there’s nothing wrong with holding a satisfactory job, has long it’s contributing to your financial health and well-being. But what if you are tired of your your job and want to Quite the rat race? What if your dream is to be financial free before you’re 50? What if you want to have your own system, have all the time, and be in control of your life?
Entrepreneurship can be the best route to achieve those aims. And freelance writing can also help accelerate you toward your aim.
With over 54 million Americans alone, opting to forego traditional careers and start a freelance career that gives them more flexibility to create a lifestyle they love. we’re seeing an unprecedented shift in the way companies function around the world.
Hiring freelancers is becoming not only more acceptable, but more attractive for many businesses. This creates an incredible opportunity for people with useful skills to start a freelancing business on the side. nd eventually grow that into a sustainable self-employed career.
And beside, the world of employment is changing rapidly. More and more people are becoming so-called “digital nomads.”
meaning that they can work from their couch without getting out of the pajamas.
Even though 5-10 years ago it might have sounded like a dream, now pretty much every one with the skill-set can do it. And the Good news is just that you don’t have to spend hundred years in the most expensive University to get there
This are jobs you can work from the comfort of your home why working on your project. With your extra time Some may not be that paid, like a full-time job, but it can help stuff some of your bills why you devote the rest of your time to your main business. All you need to start a freelance writing gig, is a computer, a quiet space, a Strong work ethic, and a willingness to follow straightforward quidelines for working effectively.
Receive our latest tips on how to build any side hustle of your choice. And be financial free.
A content creator produces entertaining or educational material that caters to the interests and challenges of a target audiences. The content he/she produces can take many forms, including blog posts, videos, ebooks, photos, and infographics. Today, businesses employ content creators to engage new and existing customers on the brand behalf.
As a new freelance writer, you can focus on one services or several. Here are a few services you can offer when you start out.
- Editing: you can offer basic proofreading or more in-depth approach called developmental editing.
- Ghostwriting: the content you write isn’t under your name. For example, a client may want you to Ghostwriter an Ebook under their name.
- Copy writing: you may write copy for the web, press releases, sales pages or use your persuasive skills to update a website.
- Social media marketing: many writers, including myself, have started offering social media marketing services. This entails handling a Clients social media accounts and updating them regularly.
- Blog management: you may be responsible for managing writers for your client, editing and publishing content on your client website.
How to find writing work.
now more than ever finding lucrative jobs has not been crave in a stone, it easy. Content prices vary drastically depending on the business using it. For example, businesses that need hundreds of small posts or need articles that have specific keywords in them will pay a small amount companies like Iwriter and Copywriting.network, this networks pay small amounts for small contents and then resell them. But want to make it big they may not be your best choice.
1. Cold pitching:
It’s when you contact bloggers, entrepreneurs, companies, small businesses or startups either through cool email pitch or social media. and let them know you are a freelance writer and can help grow their business.
Though it may sounds scary and hard. Especially if you are brand new to writing but it still worth. Because you need to step above your fear of being rejected. Actually you may hear a “no” but don’t have to settle for that.
2. Pitch to a job board ad:
If you are new to freelance writing and you want to find quality jobs, responding to job ads is your best bet, it also the main way many new writer’s use to finding consistent work. site like.
- Who pays writers: this site primarily offers writers a good research opportunity to (earn how much different publications pay, but there are some online blogging opportunities as well (depending on the publication). Maintained by a anonymous volunteer collective list is updated monthly.
- Freelance writing jobs: this invaluable resource updates daily with online writing jobs scooped from around the internet. It also got a rich achieve filled with posts offering all kinds of tips and insight for beginning and experienced freelancers alike.
- Where to pitch: instead of simply listing online writing jobs, where to pitch offers a list of potential venues when you type in a topic you’re interested in working on. If you’re willing to put in that effort, you’re bound to find some new publication to pitch.
- Freelance writers den: this is a membership site, so much more than a job board, for $25/month, you get access to two dozen “bootcamps” that teach you how to make money as a freelance writer and hundreds of forums where you can get any question answered.
- Problogger job board: created by Darren Rowse a 7 figure blogger since 2005, given probloggers high profile in the blogosphere, you can often find jobs posted by some big time blogs here.
- Freedom with writing: when I wake up the first thing I do is to scroll through my email, and highly I won’t find a mail from freedom with writing. About writing jobs and there pay. Just visit the site and the first pop-up you will see, we be a cool invitation to sign up your email.
- Behance creative jobs: powered by Adobe, behance is an online platform for creative professional to showcase their work, find inspiration and connect with companies looking for hire.
Continues learning is the key.
The best thing you can do as a new freelance writer is continue to learn. Whether it’s writing tips, business and marketing, science etc, whatsoever field you maybe interested in. home your skills by learning from those who have done it before. No body were born a expert writer. But through trail and errors sometime denied piches they were able to make it big to such extend.
You may not be endue with all the knowledge and skills that may take to be a freelance writer. But never give up the fact others like “you” were able to drive a pitch, means you too can.
It all start with confidence.
If not for anything think about all the team paper and research project you have written from high schools to this level. It means you have written more than enough projects.
But though putting yourself out there and trying to land writing gigs can be tough. You’ll get rejected turn down or may have clients walk you over.
But what does it mean? should you close your pad, put back the cover of your pen and work out? No, that you are rejected once or twice or even upto ten time doesn’t mean you are a failure. It just mean you have a little to improve on. To be a successful freelance writer you really need confidence and loose the fear of pitching.
Never fear been rejected, wake-up early. Check-up your job board, if you have sign up with Freedom with writing, check your mail. Send as many piches as you can.
Few skills you may need to make it big.
- Image editing skill: though you don’t need to take a courses in graphic designing, but you can use many free editing program like Canva can be very useful as many publishers we demand that you add image to your content.
- Content marketing skill: knowing how a company use content to market there product or services is very vital to any freelance writer. Weather they use write papers, a lead magnet, case studies and email list to help then gain leads. Knowing this strategies can help you give out your best.
- Blogging skill: has content is different from research paper that you write in high schools and colleges. So you need to know the difference. However you may have read ton of blog post but it’s possible that you may not have taken closer look at the formatting, like subheading and creating write space. You need to know how to captivate your reader with your headline and introduction. You also need to back up class and facts with reputation.