The truth is, there is no “secret” to building a successful business, every winning entrepreneurs can tell you, requires a variety of skills. that’s why most people looks for shortcuts and quick fix to achieve there goals.
What separate the winning entrepreneurs from employees is mind set, and the ability to handle failure, since our school system trains people to memorize right answers. And punish failures. Many of our youth and adults then hand-on to job security without financial freedom. Since having a job doesn’t place on you much obstacles and setback to overcome. But as an entrepreneur you ought to posses characteristics and trait. That can help you tackle all challenge and bounce back every failure.
1. Winning entrepreneurs have certain level of Belief.
Depending on your level of confidence. It might be better to suggest you have faith over belief. For many entrepreneurs who struggle or fail, the thing that gets in their way of success is themselves. Because they don’t believe they can achieve success. They don’t do the task that need to be done or if they do they don’t do it with right attitude and amounts of oomph. There are some beliefs that have the potential to make you a more successful entrepreneur: beliefs that generally empower people, drive them to make better decisions while resisting obstacles.
Henry ford once said, “whether you think you can, or you think you can’t you’re right.” The truth is, when you don’t believe that you have the muscle to work and overcome. You found out that you can’t. For you to get it to the top as an entrepreneur you have to work on your belief.
a. Believe that risks are necessary:
It’s true that not all risks are equal, and not all risks are worth taking. But if you separate people into risk-takers and non risk-takers, eventually, statistically. It will be people from the risk-taking pool who end up being the furthest ahead. Winning entrepreneurs may not have a mindset that urges them to take every risk they find, but they aren’t afraid to take calculated risks, that gives them more potential for bigger, more successful initiative.
b. Believe that anything is possible:
Believing that some things are flat out impossible becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy; if you believe you’ll never be capable of creating a multimillion dollar enterprise, you’re never going to take the effort to create one. If you think your business can’t compete with the major players, you’ll lose enthusiasm and eventually fold under the pressure.
Instead, winning entrepreneurs have the mindset that everything is possible, with the investment of enough knowledge, effort and determination.
C. It doesn’t have to be perfect:
If you wait until everything is perfect before you launch a product or move forward with a decision, you’ll never cross that threshold.
Even experts make mistakes all the time. In fact what makes them expert is the ability to make as much mistake has possible, and learn as much as they could from those mistakes. If you’re a perfectionist, you’ll suffer in a number of different ways. You’ll set goals that are unreasonably high, you’ll feel defeated and discouraged when you don’t reach them or make mistakes and you won’t be willing to admit that you still have a room to grow.
Our latest: Should i start a business with a friend?
2. Winning entrepreneurs possess vision.
Visions provide motivation. Along with belief, you need a good reason and motivation to achieve your goals. It will be far difficult to reach a goal if you don’t have a mental picture of what it is.
What is a vision.
Merriam-webster defines vision as the ability to see: “sight or eyesight” something that you imagine, a picture that you see in your mind. Something that you see or dream,” while Wikipediagives more simple definition. Vision is foresight the capacity to envisage future market trends, and plan accordingly.
But in entrepreneurship vision has a little bit different meaning. Vision is vital energy that drive entrepreneurs. The founder, the cofounder and is immediate team, vision is what makes them dare to explore, dare to challenge, dare to insist, dare to keep pushing, dare to have the determination to succeed. Vision is the energy that provides an entrepreneur and it’s organization with the ability to perform and succeed. And vision is what creates and establish the culture, which is the key component that get softly shared between people creating and establishing norms, expectations and duties that define organization acts. Vision is the frame where culture lies.
a. Winning entrepreneur Focus on there destination.
No matter what obstacles you face having a clear long-term vision for yourself and your company can keep you moving in the right direction. That vision will require flexibility, and it probably will change over the point, though, is that when face with seemingly insurmountable challenges, your chances of finding a way through or around them increase when you’re committed to moving forward no matter what.
Your life as an entrepreneur may be about a journey, but maintaining your sanity and making progress as a startup founder often means focusing on a destination.
b. Winning entrepreneurs Focus on vision statement.
A powerful vision statement stays with you, such as Disney’s “to make people happy” or instagrams “capture and share the worlds moment.” If you are intentional in your efforts and committed to doing the hard work. It’s better, you create a vision statement that encapsulates your organization core ideals and provide a roadmap to where it want to go.
Why does this matter? Research found that employees who find their company’s vision meaningful have engagement levels of 68%, which is 18 point above average. More engaged employees are often more productive. And they are more effective corporate ambassadors in larger community.
Similar to a mission statement, a vision statement provides a concrete way for stakeholders, especially employees, to understand the meaning and purpose of your business. However, unlike a mission Statement-which describes the who, what and why of your business. A vision statement describes the desired long-term results of your company and efforts. For example, an early Microsoft vision Statement was “a computer on every desk and at every home.
3. Winning entrepreneurs Squash fear.
Fear may be the biggest dream killer of them all. Fear keeps people in there comfort zone. Where it may be safe. But it’s not where success lies. Fear keeps you from talking actions or believing your actions we haves results.
It is scary to set a course in the unknown.
- Will your efforts work?
- What will people say?
- Will people like your product or service?
- Will you be able to make money?
Because this questions can’t be answered, its daunting to forge forward simply with grit and belief. That’s when resistance and procrastination set in. But no one ever achieved success without courage to step into the unknown.
Our latest. Why mission driving companies are always thriving.
a.Winning entrepreneurs squash Fear of the unknown.
There are many common fears that entrepreneurs face. If we don’t confront those challenges, the fears will ultimately consume us. Whatever your fears are, now is the time to take them on and overcome what would otherwise keep you from succeeding.
Uncertainty register in our brain like a blaring alarm, we often avoid the unknown because will fear change. We’re afraid of losing control and being unable to manage potential outcomes. Allowing ourselves to take a massive leap into the unknown is terrifying because we have no quarantees of how things will turn out.
Prepare yourself with necessary facts.
As peter drumker said, “what gets measured get managed.” Armed with business plan based on facts, insights and relevant data, first time entrepreneurs are able to make confident and informed decisions. That can help them overcome fear of the unknown.
b. Winning entrepreneurs harness Fear of change:
Change of any sort can be frightening in fact, our brains are preprogrammed to avoid change. It’s natural to seek a comfortable, secure-existence, we resist change because it poses a threat on our status quo. But complacency can keep us from talking action and moving forward.
You can’t avoid change forever no matter what stage you’re with your business. You’ll have to find ways to embrace and hardness innovations and advancement.
C. Fear of failure.
Failure often seems like the worst of all possibilities. When we think of failure we think of unbearable embarrassment and the anguish of losing everything, but fear this often rooted in pride.
If we fail, we believe that all those who doubted us will have been right. Instead ask yourself these two things: 10 years from now, will you regret not taking this opportunity? And if you do fail, what will happen? Nobody wants to fail, but even the brightest and most successful people have faced this challenge at some point in these careers. Before Walt Disney build Disneyland, he was told he lacked creativity, long before Ariana Huffington launched Huffington post 36 publishers rejected her second book. Bill gates first company was a disaster, with a product that barely worked.
What you do, don’t lock yourself into despair. Everyone fall’s short time to time, so your ultimate test is how deal with failure.
How to deal with failure.
- Redefined what failure mean to you: though you must has been train to memorize right answers and shun failure. But it’s all together different for entrepreneurs. You have to reframe your failure and redefine your objectives. It could be this is a touch needed opportunity to shift your goals or consider aspirations you’ve too long put aside. You might found yourself on a more exciting trajectory. Re-approach a negative outlook by considering how this failure is part of a bigger life lesson or a valuable experience you couldn’t have gained otherwise.
- Take responsibility for your mistake: what lessons did I learn from this situation? What are three positive outcomes of this situation? How has this experience allowed me as a person?. When make’s a mistake always be brutally honest with yourself and others. By asking yourself what happened? Where did I go wrong and why? Learn from your failure in order to avoid an even bigger problem: by repeating the same mistake.
- Accept that failure as part of life: remember that mistakes are fundamentally part of the human condition… The scenic route on your road map to a brighter future. Some degree of failure is inevitable every time we step out of our comfortt zone. Many of the most successful people throughout history had significant failures as well as great accomplishments…. From Thomas Edison and Albert Einstein to Oprah Winfrey and Steve jobs. What sets them apart is how they channeled that failure into something positive.
- Take action: success doesn’t happen without action. You might be lucky enough to win the lottery, but actually it can’t make you rich. And when you consider lottery winners blow their money and end-up poor again. (Did I said said again?) Wrong statement! Money don’t make any body rich, the lottery can only make you a poor man with money. Knowledge make you rich, much especially financial knowledge. Financial knowledge give you the skill and character to get your money working for you. By taking action today to be in charge of your life and began pursuing knowledge that your life depends on it.